With this Easter being so late, we had nicer weather for the egg hunts, outside Easter pics on Easter Sunday, & just in general beautiful weather for all of the outdoor activities that accompany this time of year. Maw Maw & Cousin Alex had an Easter Party for all of the neighborhood girls the first weekend in April, so Ella along with Robbye (who stayed w/ us the night before) went down the road and dyed easter eggs and ate the cupcakes we baked the night before. They had a great time!
My helpers in the kitchen....Helping me decorate the Peep Cupcakes for MM's party!
The Finished Product
Dying eggs with the big girls
Our Peep Easter Cupcakes the girls helped me decorate
The sun was in their eyes! Charlie came out for the hunt and MM walked down to watch all the kids in action!
Our neighborhood assc. had an easter egg hunt in one of our friends yards the following weekend. We had donuts, juice, coffee, and cookies for all to enjoy while hunting eggs, playing, and getting their face painted or balloon animals made by the sweet lady who comes every year & entertains the kiddos. It's so nice that we have our neighborhood hunt b/c it is just enough people & not overcrowded like all of the city/town hunts throughout the counties. Perfect for my 3 year old who has the hang of hunting eggs these days :)
Loving on Mama
She's ready!
Ella and Morgan finding all the eggs :)
Big Daddy came into town the following weekend & he and Tim got to work on replacing the right side of our back yard fence. They did an awesome job. I walked out to check on Ella and Faith our next door neighbor b/c I didn't hear them upstairs in the playroom and I didn't see them in the backyard playing either. I walked outside to see this......
Tim & BD working their tails off..... & Pop, Faith, Ella, and Jake looking on! I fell out laughing.
LOL - They were even finishing up their popsicles they'd been enjoying.
Posing in front of Maw Maw's BEAUTIFUL Azaleas in the backyard. She's getting so big!
Easter Weekend - 2014 - 3 Years Old
Our 4th annual Bunny Cake together. She was only 4 Months Old when we did our first one :)
Easter morning- that bunny stopped by our house! Ella said Peter was who stopped by. We are quite obsessed w/ Peter Rabbit these days.
Hunting the eggs that the bunny hid in the den w/ Big Daddy
Found one up high!
Before church on Easter Sunday - Posing by our Azaleas that will one day be big! Notice the Sophia Necklace we had to wear to show Mrs. Cheryl & Miss Jessica in the nursery.
w/ Mama :)
& w/ Daddy
This is about what it is like trying to get a good pict of the cousins these days. Griff being silly, Ella with her eyes closed, Roo smiling for the cam as always, Taylor being a ham, & who knows where Baby Thomas was! We had brunch with my sister and family after church and then headed home for a nice, relaxing Sunday afternoon. Later that evening & after naps of course, we all headed to Southaven to have Easter Dinner w/ Tim's family and have a glow-in-the-dark easter egg hunt courtesy of Aunt Jamie- the kids loved it & I'm sure we have started a new tradition!
Here is my latest helper in the yard these days. We were planting hostas in the front yard on my day off. Look at those long legs & big feet like Daddy's!
Riding 4 Wheelers w/ the Daddies
This past weekend we went to Pickwick with our friends the McKay's and had a great, relaxing time at a fellow State Farm agents cabin. We rented a boat on Saturday and enjoyed cruising all around the lake with the kids for 4 hours. Ella loved it and even fell asleep in my lap TWICE. She said "Mama, the sun is so nice and the wind feels so good." :) Tim said that sounded just like something I would say!
Eating breakfast w/ Jonathan and Baby Libby
Blowing Bubbles on the front porch
Riding off on the trails w/ the Daddies
Time for a boat ride!
Sidewalk Chalk Art
Deep thought on the boat.
Baby Deuce @ 17 Weeks (whoa- baby #2 definitely made its presence known ALOT sooner than Ella did- Like my selfie in the bathroom mirror at work? ;)
And I would be amiss if I didn't mention my pregnancy! I honestly forget I'm pregnant on most days except when I go to dress myself and realize my limited options- lol. We are 18 weeks tomorrow & find out the sex on Monday. This pregnancy is flying by already. I guess w/ #2 I just stay so busy with work and keeping up with a 3 yr old that I just don't think a/b it! Ella's pregnancy was easy, but this one has been a breeze so far. Again, no morning sickness and little fatigue. I'm not complaining and keeping my fingers crossed it stays this easy! By this time with Ella, I had already had a severe ear infection, burst ear drum, and made a trip to the ENT Dr AND I had already made a visit to Baptist Women's and been hooked up to an IV for fluids and zofran due to food poisoning @ 17 weeks- So far, NONE of that with #2---Cruising along and loving it! I also felt my first flutters this past week - the exact same time I started feeling Ella "swimming" as I like to call it. Each day they're getting more frequent and stronger.....I don't think one can ever get tired of that feeling! Update to come next week of whether Ella is getting a baby sister or baby brother!!! Exciting times!


























No comments:
Post a Comment